Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blog, Interrupted

Now,  where was I?

My apologies to anyone who missed me.  After more than 18 months of regular blogging I needed a break.  Anyone who has blogged for any period of time knows what I mean.

During my intermission I haven't really done much sewing, just a bit of knitting in my new favourite colour, chartreuse!  There are two types of people in the world - those who love chartreuse and those who hate it.   I belong to the former group.

Here at quilterie, it is still the year of the solid, so my jumper is a solid stocking stitch and matches some other gorgeous coloured accessories.


Slowly my Amish style quilt top is coming together.  Since the colours are not really anything like Amish colours but the pattern is, I feel it should be called "Qu'amish", a hybrid of quilterie and Amish.



Meanwhile, the single sock situation has continued to grow without any assistance.  Not a lot to show for 6 weeks away, but I hope to show some quilting progress now on a regular basis.  Thanks for checking in on me.


13 comments:

Janet O. said...

Glad to see you back, Liz.
And I love your chartreuse stuff. : ).

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Liz. Glad to see you're back. I'm in the group that doesn't care much for chartreuse, but you've put it to good use in your quilt top. Sometimes it's just the zing that makes a surface dance!
best, nadia

Nicky said...

Loving the green! You will soon catch up again!

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Hi Liz, great to see you "back" again. I have been recently chosen to nominate 5 people for the Liebster Award. The Liebster award recognizes smaller blogs with a following of less than 200 followers. I enjoy reading your blog so I would like to nominate you! Congratulations!

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, you have a nicely coordinated collection there. They look more like olive to me. I like them too but it might be hard to find other colors to go with them.'The quilt is coming along nicely. You must have enjoyed your break from blogging.

Carol G said...

So glad you are back. You have been missed. Love your Qu'amish and I have always been a fan of chartreuse especially in combination with purple!

YankeeQuilter said...

Chartreuse...you either love it or you say "how interesting" whenever yo see it! Personally I have loads of it! (as a redhead it is a perfect color...except when I worked on TV and it made me disappear on the green wall!) Glad to have you back in blogdom!

regan said...

Welcome back! And yeah, I love chartreuse, too! :o)

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes, I came over several times and knocked on the door but no one answered!!! HA!

I seem to take toooo many breaks lately!

Helen in the UK said...

Loving the quilt top ... glad you were still crafting during your blog break :)

Dawn said...

SO nice to see your post.
I LOVE chartreuse and plan to use lots of it this year.
Your knitting is lovely as is your Qu'amish work.
Thank you for sharing!

Una said...

I love Chartreuse too - and your collection is fantastic. Blogging, yes and sometimes no - I think we are free to show what we have to show when we are up to it:) Take care, Una

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
I've just read this magazine and I love your quilts. Is there a place I can buy a pattern for Sleeping Beauty. It is beautiful.Karen from myfatquarter at blogspot