Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cherry Trees Rule, OK

I have been distracted by applique this week; in particular the Beyond the Cherry Trees album quilt. This is my first completed block
For more details regarding the new group blog that Sharon has started for all those making (or just interested in) the Beyond the Cherry Trees quilt head over here.
Meanwhile, I have been tidying up my sewing patch (again) and came across this:
It is made up of a simple block, resembling the first round of a courthouse steps block.  I love scrap quilts and I have decided to cut the pieces for the blocks from each fabric left lying around the sewing patch before I put them away.
Of course, this has slowed down the tidying up process considerably, but made it more enjoyable for me.  The remainder of my sewing time is spent quilting the spiderweb quilt, now about 4/9ths completed.  Progress on basket blocks has slowly ground to a halt.  Sadly.
Well, must go and tidy the sewing patch.  Wink, wink.

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Your block is great!! It's a great idea to cut more pieces from fabrics already lying around, that way you don't have to make a big mess pulling them out again :0) Great logic....

Crispy